Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Top five best of the rest Oscar dresses


The Academy Awards is always a frockfest but celebs so fear the wrath of fashion pundits that their Oscar choices are often quite bland. I've picked some of my favourite unusual dresses from the event and while they might not be to everyone's liking they show that you can look hot without resorting to the strapless fishtail uniform. See after the jump for my rundown, I'm saluting them for going out on a limb!

Ann-Marie Duff: Ok so the dress isn't that adventurous but I love the colour and her carefree pose. She also gets bonus points for being part of the cutest couple ever.
Tilda Swinton: I love this woman, she never goes down the stereotypical cleavage and smoky eyes route but has instead opted for a look which is entirely her own. It's a shame you can see the enormous batwing sleeve in this picture because it's hot!
Vanessa Paradis: The French star was there with hubby Johnny Depp and looked luscious in a vintage-style frock. It's a really flattering gown which emphasises her shape and I love the sleeves.
Diablo Cody: I don't think I've ever seen anyone in leopard print at the Oscars but she pulls it off marvellously without diluting her personal style. The floaty longline dress looks great with her chunky bangles and I do believe she is wearing flats which has to be another first. Congrats on the Oscar Diablo!
Cate Blanchett: Despite being a big name you will never see her in a boring dress come the Oscars, she always looks great and this time round she's also pregnant so more bonus points for the Antipodean actress. The deep blue colour is gorgeous, the neckpiece is a great feature and the painted detail at the bottom draws attention to her height (rather than her burgeoning width!).

No comments:

Post a Comment