Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Frances Bean Cobain grows up and gets snapped for Harper's Bazaar


Last month we blogged about the rumours that
Frances Bean Cobain could be the next face of Chanel. We received around 25 reader comments, some positive but most were negative and concerning her age - she's 15-years-old. It seems many of you don't care for seeing the daughter of Courtney Love and Kurt Cobain modelling. And yet the likes of Emma Watson (barely 18) and Dakota Fanning, who turns 14 this week, is perfectly okay... (?!)

Here Frances has been photographed by Jeff Riedel for US Harper's Bazaar (click image left to enlarge). The fashion spread depicts her as the star of leading musicals including Evita, Grease and Beauty and the Beast.


"These people are fascinated by me, but I haven't done anything," she told the magazine. "If you're a big Nirvana fan, a big Hole fan, then I understand why you would want to get to know me, but I'm not my parents." Wise words...

I happen to think she looks wonderful, the pictures are fun and colourful. And from the snippets of her interview (you can read more here) she also seems to have her head screwed on the right way.

Oh and in case you were wondering, the yellow dress she is wearing (pictured above, middle) is by Zac Posen.

No comments:

Post a Comment