Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Milan Fashion Week A/W 2008-9: Burberry Prorsum


Every time I think of Christopher Bailey's name, all I can think of is the slogan t-shirt House of Holland dedicated to him - 'Do me daily Christopher Bailey'. I suppose it doesn't help that CQ's editor-in-chief Gemma (a big Bailey fan) also happens to own this particular t-shirt. Anyway, I'm sure if I was at the Burberry Prorsum show in Milan overnight, I might have been tempted to scream this out from the bleachers. But thankfully I wasn't and so on with the show...

It was hats away at the Burberry Prorsum show with wool beanies traipsing down the catwalk. As well as oversized men's jackets, cocoon coats and short dresses with voluminous sleeves.
Detailing using feathers and fringed leather leaves were also featured in a collection inspired by L.S. Lowry, famous for his paintings of industrial northern England and the matchstick people. I loved the bags especially - in toffee, caramel and cappuccino - it's enough to make you wish for another autumn season... well almost!

No comments:

Post a Comment