Friday, May 18, 2007

Versace Heiress Hits Out at Top Designers

Fashion heiress Francesca Versace has criticized Stella McCartney for using supermodels when she presented her end-of-course fashion show at London's St. Martin's College.

The stylish 23-year-old student, who is the niece of iconic designers Gianni and Donatella Versace, counts a number of leading catwalk models as close friends -- but she doesn't want their fame to detract from her clothes when she presents her designs.

However, the budding McCartney -- now 33 -- had no reservations about recruiting Kate Moss and Naomi Campbell to strut their stuff on the college catwalk.

Versace says, "I don't think it's appropriate to use supermodels in a college show. I know Naomi and Eva Herzigova but I wouldn't ask them.

"I want people to concentrate on my clothes."

No comments:

Post a Comment