Friday, May 18, 2007

Will.i.am Launches Denim Fashion Line

The Black Eyed Peas frontman Will.i.am is to launch his own denim fashion line, called i.am Antik.

The rapper/producer -- real name William James Adams Jr. -- has teamed up with fashion house Blue Holdings Inc. to design the new high-end clothing range, which is scheduled to hit stores in August 2007.

The 32-year-old was a student at the Fashion Institute of Design in Los Angeles before finding chart success with the hip-hop group, and is "excited" at the prospect of moving into the clothing industry.

He tells AllHipHop.com, "I produce and write my own music, and the same creativity, energy and imagination I put into making music is the same creativity, energy and imagination I put into designing clothes. I am excited to collaborate with Antik to create a fresh remix of denim.

"I want to design the line and score it the way a composer scores a film and tour the collection like a band will tour an album. I want to make a fresh stylistic collection that everyone wants but limited and special to keep them looking for more."

No comments:

Post a Comment