Thursday, May 24, 2007

Janet Jackson reveals how she keeps in shape

Singing sensation Janet Jackson has given some tips on how to stay slim and sexy.


The American singer/songwriter/actress, who shed 60 pounds last year, revealed that she has to really ‘push’ herself to keep fit.

“I have a great support system to keep me on track… But I still don’t like working out. It’s hard for me. I have to push myself to want to do it,” US Weekly quoted Jackson, as saying.
The 41-year-old keeps a check on her weight by her clothes’ size.

“One thing that helps is getting my clothes altered to fit so I can tell when I gain or lose. I used to wear overalls all the time, and my mom said, ‘Baby, don’t do that or you won’t know how much you lose’”, she said.

As for how can someone maintain a sexy bod as her, the singer suggested that there is no need to get food deprived.

“If I can do it, anybody can do it. Eating light and clean helps, but you really shouldn’t think of it as a diet, otherwise you feel like you’re depriving yourself. If you crave something, you should have a little bit of it, then let it go and move on. Do a little exercise so you’re back on track,” she said.

Jackson however revealed that although she has self control, there are some ‘cheat days’ when she does not follow a balanced diet.

“It’s about control and it’s a balanced diet. Of course I have cheat days! Especially with my dancers, who love to eat. And after a hard day of work, they want to unwind and grab a drink, and alcohol is not good for my diet with all the extra calories,” she said.

“I try to have a glass of wine, but then somebody comes with a lemon drop and it’s so good. You feel like you’re drinking cough syrup or candy, and before you know it, the next day comes and you feel it. I make up for it with a few more reps when I lift weights,” she added.

The singer has revealed her diet secrets in the new issue of the magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment